Camper shells have many benefits and many people are looking to buy these for their vehicles. Here are 32 examples of camper shells with their weight, price, and dimensions.
How Much Do Camper Shells Weigh? Camper shells weigh between 80 pounds to 200 pounds with a size of 73x42x32 inches. On average, good quality camper shells weigh around 80 pounds with a minimum price of $1500.
How Much Do Camper Shells Weigh?
Camper shells are made of different materials and their weight and price depend on these features. You can put some luggage in it and use it for any purpose that you want.
32 Examples of camper shells
- Hauler Racks Universal Camper Shells C300MN – 15 pounds – $1200 – 48 x 38 x 16 inches
- Bestop 7631735 Black Diamond – 75 pounds – $800 – 78 x 42 x 24 inches
- Action Contour III – 100 pounds – $1900 – 78 x 46 x 32 inches
- Action Contour IV – 110 pounds – $2100 – 77 x 43 x 33 inches
- Action Innovator III – 80 pounds – $2000 – 75 x 42 x 35 inches
- A.R.E. Classic Aluminum camper shell – 60 pounds – $1400 – 73 x 46 x 37 inches
- A.R.E. V Classic Value Leader – 70 pounds – $2300 – 74 x 43 x 32 inches
- A.R.E. CX Classic camper shells – 75 pounds – $2400 – 73 x 40 x 31 inches
- A.R.E. TW classic camper shells – 80 pounds – $2800 – 72 x 42 x 36 inches
- A.R.E. Overland camper shells – 85 pounds – $2500 – 67 x 43 x 32 inches
- A.R.E. MX Classic camper shells – 90 pounds – $2800 – 73 x 46 x 35 inches
- A.R.E. CX Revo shell – 92 pounds – $3200 – 76 x 40 x 37 inches
- A.R.E. CX Evolve Classic camper shells – 97 pounds – $2880 – 77 x 42 x 33 inches
- A.R.E. Z Series camper shells – 80 pounds – $3600 – 78 x 43 x 31 inches
- A.R.E. Z2 Series camper shells – 93 pounds – $3500 – 76 x 46 x 31 inches
- A.R.E. HD Series camper shells – 90 pounds – $3000 – 73 x 42 x 32 inches
- A.R.E. Tool Master Camper Shells – 89 pounds – $5200 – 74 x 40 x 33 inches
- A.R.E. Deluxe commercial unit camper shells – 82 pounds – $2600 – 72 x 43 x 38 inches
- A.R.E. Diamond Edition DCU camper shells – 87 pounds – $3400 – 69 x 46 x 37 inches
- A.R.E. DCU Max camper shells – 95 pounds – $3600 – 71 x 40 x 36 inches
- A.R.E. Fusion camper shells – 97 pounds – $1200 – 76 x 42 x 34 inches
- A.R.E. Double Cover camper shells – 100 pounds – $2500 – 75 x 43 x 33 inches
- A.R.E. LSII Series camper shells – 102 pounds – $2100 – 73 x 46 x 31 inches
- A.R.E. 3DL Series camper shells – 86 pounds – $2900 – 72 x 43 x 30 inches
- SpacekapCompak camper shell – 75 pounds – $6800 – 70 x 44 x 34 inches
- Spacekap Wild camper shell – 78 pounds – $7300 – 74 x 46 x 33 inches
- Spacekap Diablo camper shell – 80 pounds – $8200 – 72 x 47 x 36 inches
- Leer Cab High 100 XR – 70 pounds – $9300 – 75 x 46 x 35 inches
- Leer Cab High 100 XL – 73 pounds – $9000 – 76 x 44 x 36 inches
- Leer Cab High 100 XQ – 75 pounds – $10000 – 74 x 47 x 36 inches
- Leer Cab High 100 XQ Sports – 72 pounds – $12000 – 78 x 47 x 37 inches
- Leer Cab High 100 R – 80 pounds – $10300 – 79 x 48 x 37 inches
Leer camper shells
It is one of the essential types of material that you can use for all types of conditions. The average weight of these campers is around 150 pounds as they are lighter among all others except aluminum shells.
You can quickly shift their position without making any extra effort. You should think about the placement before deciding its size. It is one of the types of fiberglass that is used in most conditions.
You can increase the comfort level in your vehicle by adding these products to your car. You will get better space to put some luggage in it without disturbing the place for your sleeping.
You should understand the type of material that will tell you that the weight carrying capacity. You will get good quality products by spending more amount.
Aluminum camper shells
These shells are even lighter than the leer camper shells and more durable. It is one of the best types of shells that will not face any problem in heavy rainfall, snowfall, or scorching sun.
You will get its same results in all types of conditions. You can change its position at any type as you will not require someone’s help to do this for you. You can increase its size as it will not get heavier in any case.
The average weight of these shells is around 60 pounds that are lesser than all other shells. You can fix it on the top or in your truck bed by looking at the best possible place.
The primary benefit of using these shells in your vehicle is that it is easy to install and remove at any time when they are not needed in your vehicle. They are more reliable than any other type of material.
Weight of Fiberglass camper shells
It is one of the main materials that you will see around you all the time in your daily routine. There are few problems while using this material.
These products are heavier than any other, and you cannot use them for commercial purposes all the time.
You will face great difficulty operating them while installing or removing them from the vehicle.
You have to find some permanent place for it in your car as you cannot change its location regularly.
The average weight of these products is more than 200 pounds.
You can also order them by giving your dimensions to the manufacturer and get better products for your car.
You can also get the used shells at cheaper rates if you have the problem of the price at your budget.
SungTop camper shells
It is used in sports vehicles that are modified to look beautiful from all sides. You may get the better quality material by spending some more amount for it. You can use this material in modified campers.
The average weight of camper shells is around 80 pounds. You can note its weight depends on the material that you are using.
We have explained all the details of the material in this article. You can choose any material by looking at your choice.
You must choose its weight by looking at the capacity of the suspension of the condition of the vehicle.
You should not increase the payload capacity at any cost that will cause problems for your suspensions and other parts of the body.
You can also get the heavier tops at cheaper rates that you can also use. You will also get its weight of more than 100 pounds.
There are also some lighter tops available in the market that you can use for some ordinary purposes.
The average size
The average size of the camper shell is around 60 inches long and 45 inches wide. You can get any size of your demand by looking at the shape of the vehicle’s roof.
You may increase its size if you are looking to load more weight in it. You can also remove it when you are not using it.
Some shells are longer in size and can carry more weight as compared to ordinary ones.
Multiple brands are dealing with these tops, and every brand has its price. You should choose any one of these by looking at your budget.
The average price of the camper shells is around $15000. You can also get the used products at cheaper rates.
The average price of the used tops is around $8000. The cost of these products depends on the brand and its size.