If you buying a Boxlink system for your Ford F150, you should know about methods to install it, repair it, and its cost.
What is a Boxlink System on Ford F150? Boxlink system is a linking system of Ford F-150 that offers management of cargo area. It is an interface between the Ford trucks from the whole body. It provides maximum flexibility and organizing ability to the system. There are multiple locations for the box link kit.
What is a Boxlink System on Ford F150?
The accessories of the box link system include the zinc cleats that are die-cast. The interfacing equipment is one of the essential parts.
These cleats are four in number in terms of the Ford F-150. The keys are metallic naturally, and they help in unlocking and unlocking mechanisms.
How to install a box link system on the Ford F150?
The use of a box link system on a For F-150 is tricky, and it requires professional expertise. The procedure is not time-consuming if you know the precise method.
Few steps include all the essential guidelines to perform this process. Never go out of the league and handle all the tools carefully. The steps are accessing location, unlocking area, pulling and sliding the cleats, using tools, tie the cleats.
How do you reach the locations and spots to tie the cleats?
The whole system uses zinc cleats with maximum tie capacity.
It is one of the significant steps in carrying out the whole process. It offers four spots to install the box link system.
Few keys help in unlocking the system. The tools are metallic, and they have holding capacities. The necessary spots are present on the cargo area of the vehicle. These are some of the most prominent sections of a truck. It is impossible to find them for a newcomer.
Access them in a way that you jump on the bed area. Use a ladder or stool to protect yourself from any jumping hazard. They are usually four in number in all models of Ford f-150. The shape of the spot is like a key lock.
It has the handling properties for the cleats. The whole part contains a metal covering with two to three screws.
The spots are in their rigid places without any fear of distortion. You can mark them by using a non-permanent marker. Adding the color tape signs is another option for better identification.
How to unlock cleat areas?
The zinc cleats are those parts that help in the flexibility of the cargo area in a truck. They are beneficial for the customization of a truck’s bedding.
The cleats are present inside the box link kit, and they are usually four in number according to the Ford f150’s model. Take the cleats out of the tool kit one by one.
Unlock them by using the key or stripper inside the box. The next step is aligning and checking that in correlation with the above process.
Bring the cleat near the spot and align it to check the maximum fixing rate. You can take the help of a friend to carry out the process. There are chances of error in such cases because everyone does not know the installing process of cleats. Align the zinc cleat with the inserting area of the cargo.
Pulling and sliding the cleats
Use the clippers inside the box link system kit. These help in proper control of the zinc cleats. Settle the tiny cleat in the clipper and insert it in the spot.
The insertion pattern should move from the bottom to the top side. Press the clipper with maximum force. Give a pull from the bed to the upper area of the spot.
It is the sliding of the cleat in this particular region. It starts to tie with cargo’s location in the truck once the part breaks, then the repairing cost increases from the installation cost.
The keys help to control and block the cleats in the tool kit in the box link system. These are tools that offer maximum protection and security from external factors.
Bring the keys out of the kit and then insert them in the cleat area. Lock the cleat with the spot of the ford’s bedding. The locking helps in future use without any problem. Protect these keys for better customization and use of the cargo management system.
Tie the cleats
Tie all the cleats in four spots by repeating the same procedure. You can perform it in times of need once you understand the process.
Check the setup at the end by pulling it in your direction. Never push it inside, or it leads to cleats’ breaking. These are tools with maximum efficiency, and the customization of the cargo area becomes simple.
You can add other items in the central place. It is an optional feature, and most people enjoy the simple box link systems.
You can read the manual before starting the procedure. Take professional help in case when you do not understand the steps. The cleats are not much expensive, but the time consumption causes frustration.
What are the details of a box link system kit?
- Power lock
- Surface releasing tool
- LED lights
Benefits of Using Boxlink System in a Ford F150
Here are the uses and benefits of Boxlink system for Ford Trucks:
Customization of the cargo
The box link systems offer the best support and features for the customization of the truck bed. The pickup trucks have larger bed areas than the normal vehicles.
The box link cleats help in modifying the bed size even after the complete manufacturing of the bed. It is also known as an after-market use of the ford f-150.
It is an essential factor in the Ford industry that the customer feels satisfied. They do not allow the mechanics to touch their tools box.
The people have their specifications and limits because they want to carry equipment from one place to another. It is a unique system, and it allows more applications in it.
The flexibility of the cargo area is one of the best qualities of the box link system. They make the bed area so smooth and moveable that traveling becomes easy. Increase or decrease the length of the bed by the box link system.
Flexibility offers an essential role in customization. The Ford F-150 was the pickup truck with stable and non-moveable bedding.
The box link cleats increase the movement more than casual.
The bedding of the truck comprises the best carriage properties. They can adjust the matter comfortably without any damage. You can place your fragile masses on the interface areas.
They remain firm during the movement of the vehicle on all types of roads. The length increases by adding the zinc cleats to the cargo management areas.
It becomes easy to push and drag the necessary equipment on the truck bed without any help. The process becomes less time-consuming, and you feel it effortless.
The loading of heavy machines like motorcycles and ATVs becomes smooth and easy. You can increase or shorten the length of the cargo area. You can do it for all types of custom loading and unloading.
The interface or the cleats increases the space on the truck bed. The presence of extra space means the prevention of time and energy. You can use it as a complete carrying package of heavy tools.
The box link system offers a maximum space feature. It is one of the best and in-demand qualities of box link cleats.
Security with a tailgate
There is a tailgate that helps in securing all the equipment on the vehicle. It is a beneficial application of these trucks that offers confidence and safe traveling.
The tailgate is automatic, and you can shut it off right after using it. The gate is moveable, and its joints at the end of the cargo management system.
The interfacing cleats increase the length of the bed, and hence the gate becomes lengthy. There is no change in the protection faculties of the gate and f0rd f-150.
The box link system is also available in the form of kits. These people purchase the whole package, and it provides luxury to the loading process.
Few lights are present in the kits that are light-emitting diodes naturally. You can use them at night times when you are loading the vehicle. These lights help in the whole process and offer maximum security.
There is a remote in the box link system’s kit. These remotes handle the tailgate and all the cleats that you have installed.
The remotes make the procedure precise and quick. There is no need to put the matter aside while loading a cargo area. Utilize a remote for the automatic movement and adjustment of the working area.
How to customize and adjust the cargo bed with a box link system?
It is a simple process and takes approximately 1-2 hours. The time increases when you do not follow the proper instructions of the manual.
Use the zinc cleats to carry out the process immediately. Make a plan on paper and select dimensions.
Adjust the cleats, and in this way, you get the desired length of the cargo area. If you are doing it for someone else, then ask for their requirements. Adjust the bed area by using the interface equipment.
Is the box link kit is a powerful system?
- The tie-down anchors and cleats are tiny in size, but their working efficiency is fantastic. They have high holding capacities, and cleats keep the vehicle together.
- These are strong and water-resistant. It is a property of tiny tools that prevent unnecessary corrosion.
- They are easily removable, but it does not mean that they lack fitting properties.
- The cleats are so powerful that they hold heavyweights like cargo and ford f – 150.
- They are reliable and compatible with all models of Ford F 150.
How to repair a box link system on the Ford F-150?
When you repair a box link system on ford f – 150, and it is a replacement process of tie-down anchors. In few circumstances, the cleats broke, or they catch rust.
These tools stop working, and it decreases the work efficiency of the cargo management system. The essential solution to this problem is to buy new tie-down anchors and cleats for the bed of the ford f -150.
Few people do not choose this method because it is time-consuming. You cannot remove one cleat and install it like a clip. There is a complete guide that takes time and money.
Use a drill machine
The broken cleats insert deep inside the hole of the wall. The only solution is to make a vast hole in the steel area.
Wear protective gloves, and mark the area around the tiny zinc cleat. Use a non-permanent marker to make a circle. Start the drilling process and keep the nozzle at the begging. Never move vigorously, and handle the machine at moderate speed.
Expand the clipping hole and never go too deep. Always use a catcher or a steel wrench to bring out the cleat from its original position. It is one of the best methods to repair a broken zinc cleat.
It requires manual expertise to bring the broken cleat out of its hole. Always take the help of a tailgate light because it helps in extraordinary vision.
Insert the vise grips in the tie-down anchors, and they help to pull it out. Take it out of its hole by using a hand with gloves.
What is the difference between the box-link cargo management system and the cargo management system?
A box-link cargo management system
- A box-link management system usually helps in modifying the cargo area.
- It offers a vast range of customization according to customer’s demands.
- These systems usually exist in pickup vehicles.
- The moveable tracks are also known as interface devices.
Cargo management system
- It is a system of cargo area that runs over the top surface of the bed.
- The rails move under this movable cargo area.
- The cargo management system is one of the beneficial and attractive setups. It helps to load and carry heavy weights to distant places.
- These are reliable with maximum performance.
- The Cargo management systems have multiple channels. These passages allow the insertion of zinc cleats between them. The movements become convenient, and the setup leads to maximum security.
How much time does a box link system take for installation?
The installation process of cleats and tie-down anchors on a truck is easy. It takes much time if you are doing the whole process individually.
A person takes approximately 2-3 hours in such situations. In case you don’t know the exact procedure, then the time reaches up to 4-7 hours.
You can take the help of a friend to save your time and energy. When two persons are performing the installation, the average time is up to 1 – 1.5 hours.
What are the effects of the box link system on weight capacity?
The box link system does not increase the payload capacity of your truck directly. As the bed gets away from the significant motor area, then the space increases.
It allows the carriage of heavyweight matters, and you can increase the number of items. In this way, the weight carrying capacity increases, and you can adjust more things without any hurdle.
The cleats help in the prevention of time and energy loss. You can transfer the heavyweight on the pickup in one turn by using a box link system.
Is the box link system a bed divider?
Yes, it is a divider of bedforms the Ford machine areas, but the bed does not split. You can increase the length of the cargo area and even the tailgates with this system. Splitting the bed area on the ford F-150 is not possible.
It is not advisable to break the bed into two halves and join them with cleats. The ties down anchors are not specific for these types of proceedings. You must avoid them in case of light to heavyweight accessories.
What are the ford F-150 box link ramps?
The ramps are the accessories of the box link system, and they help in the expansion of the bed area. The sides of the floor area increase and you can carry more weight on it.
The accommodation space enhances up to two times greater than the original limit. The ramps are included in the box link packages. They are economical and useful in the transmission of material.
Examples of ramps – dimensions – cost
- Bed ramp stowable kit – $150 – 49 x 8 x 8 inches – fits in Ford F-150
- BI supply vehicle ramp – $79 – 13 x 11 x 48 inches – fits in Ford F150
- Rhino ramp – $41 – 38 x 12 x 13 inches – fits in Ford F150
- Ford genuine ramp – $85 – 12 x 6 x 5 inches – fits in Ford F150
What is the average cost of a box link system?
A box link system contains multiple accessories. A whole package includes tie-down anchors, zinc cleats, and catchers.
A remote and light-emitting light is also a significant part of the package. The zinc cleats are not expensive as a box link system.
The average cost of a high-quality strong cleat is up to $20 – $70. The box link system on the other side with all the essentials costs you heavy on the budget.
In most circumstances, it is once in a lifetime investment. The average cost of a whole box link system ranges up to $150 – $300. The installation charges do not include in this package. They have different expense rates according to the mechanical workshops and professional’s demands.
57 Examples of Box link zinc cleats/ box link kit – price – dimension – years of models
- KAIRAY – $25 – 8 x 7 x 6 – fits in Ford F150 – year 2015 – 2020
- Change MOORAY – $29 – 6 x 6 x 5 – fits in Ford F150 – 2015 – 2018
- KAIRAY with plate brakes- $40 – 5 x 6 x 7 – fits in Ford F150 – year 2015 – 2020
- Reinforcement panel driver – $23 – 6 x 5 x 0.5 – fits in Ford F150 – year 2015 – 2020
- IFJF cleats locker kit – $78 – 6 x 4 x 3 – fits in Ford F150 – year 2015 – 2018
- Undercover storage box – $220 – 35 x 35 x 17 – fits in Ford F150 – year 2015 – 2020
- Ilco box link cleats plus keys – $30 – 5 x 4 x 3 – fits in Ford F150 – year 2015 – 2019
- Ronin box link cleats plus plates – $25 – 10 x 9 x 3 – fits in Ford F150 – year 2015 – 2020
- Ronin raptor truck box link – $43 – 7 x 6 x 2 – fits in Ford F150 – year 2015 – 2021
- Geepkey truck tie down box link cleats – $32 – 10 x 7 x 4 – fits in Ford F150 – year 2015 – 2020
- BEIJIAOFLY anchors cleats – $35 – 10 x 7 x 6 – fits in Ford F150 – year 2015 – 2020
- Undercover storage box – $210 – 35 x 35 x 17 – fits in Ford F150 – year 2015 – 2020
- Undercover swing box link – $200 – 17 x 9 x 35 – fits in Ford F150 – year 1999 – 2014
- Undercover SC205P – $215 – 10 x 35 x 17 – fits in Ford F150 – year 2017 – 2021
- Dee Zee ford anchors – $22 – 8 x 6 x 3 – fits in Ford F150 – year 2015 – 2019
- Red hound tie down box links – $20 – 3 x 2 x 4 – fits in Ford F150 – year 2004 – 2018
- WMPHE tie down – $32 – 7 x 7 x 5 – fits in Ford F150 – year 2015 – 2020
- WMPHE compatible – $52 – 10 x 7 x 6 – fits in Ford F150 – year 2015 – 2020
- Bull ring tie anchors – 50 – 8 x 6 x 4 – fits in Ford F150 – year 1985 – 2014
- Bull ring bullet tie down anchors – $49 – 8 x 6 x 3 – fits in Ford F150 – year 2015 – 2018
- Change MOORE box link anchors – $31 – 8 x 8 x 5 – fits in Ford F150 – year 2015 – 2018
- ISSYAUTO box link bed system – $79 – 10 x 5 x 5 – fits in Ford F150 – year 2015 – 2021
- Bull ring low in profile – $43 – 8 x 5 x 4 – fits in Ford F150 – year 2015 – 2019
- JCHL tie downs and anchors – $21 – 6 x 4 x 3 – fits in Ford F150 – year 2015 – 2018
- Rachet tie downs and cleats – $23 – 13 x 11 x 4 – fits in Ford F150 – year 2015 – 2020
- Toyswill box link tie downs – $46 – 10 x 7 x 6 – fits in Ford F150 – year 2015 – 2021
- AMO mounting kit – $58 – 5 x 5 x 5 – fits in Ford F150 – year 2004 – 2020
- MARCHFA cleats – $23 – 6 x 5 x 0.5 – fits in Ford F150 – year 2015 – 2020
- Box link ford f150 cleats – $29 – 6 x 5 x 1 – fits in Ford F150 – year 2015 – 2020
- D – ring ford 150 die anchors – $19 – 6 x 4 x 2 inches – fits in Ford F – 150 – year 2015 – 2020
- Wayilea ring tie anchors – $20 – 6 x 4 x 4 inches – fits in Ford F-150 – year 2015 – 2019
- LE KAPMOZ tie down anchors – $19 – 6 x 5 x 2 inches – fits in Ford F150 – year 2015 – 2018
- Tie down brackets – $21 – 6 x 5 x 1 inches – fits in Ford F 150 – year 2015 – 2020
- Retractable tie down anchors – $30 – 8 x 6 x 3 inches – fits in Ford F150 – year 1998 – 2015
- Box link cleats and keys – $25 – 4 x 2 x 1 inches – fits in Ford F150 – year 2018 – 2021
- Low profile tie down cleats – $21 – 4 x 3 x 3 inches – fits in Ford F150 – year 1998 – 2014
- ZGAUTO tie down anchors & cleats – $47 – 10 x 7 x 6 inches – fits in Ford F150 – year 2018 – 2021
- Genuine tie down cleats – $10 – 8 x 5 x 3 inches – fits in Ford F150 – year 1998 – 2013
- ELEVEN tie down brackets – $46 – 11 x 5 x 2 inches- fits in Ford F150 – year 2015 – 2019
- KanSmart tie down anchors and keys – $42 – 10 x 3 x 2 inches- fits in Ford F150 – year 2018 – 2020